First impressions

skyfex

I like the UI in general. Fits perfectly with other first-class mac applications. But the General/Files/Peers view is bad. The contrast between the text "Available" and the background is almost non-existant. I also think the table-views in Files and Peers look kinda weird on that background.

I noticed that when auto-adding files from the Download-folder, µTorrent renames them to torrent.imported. That's not good. Couldn't µTorrent just check if the torrent has been imported instead of renaming them? Not that it really would affect me much.. if I start using µTorrent as my primary bittorrent-client, I would probably just set the move-to-trash setting on.

I have mixed feelings about the toolbar. It fits with the whole Finder-Safari-iTunes look, and it's very non-distracting and all. And I don't like the Mail/Preview any better. The alternative would be normal colored icons (like for instance in Adium), which would be more lively, but perhaps also a bit more distracting.

Oh, and a bug: In Downloads under Preferences, when you browse for a folder, either as Default download location, or Open torrent files found in.. It only selects the folder you're currently browsing, not the folder you've actually selected in the browser. Not consistent with the behaviour of other apps.

Your feedback on colors has been noted. We might improve those if there's strong consensus.

Renaming to '.imported' is how Windows version works. The problem with remembering all imported torrents is that this list might grow infinitely and would have to be persisted.

Also, at the moment 'trash torrents' option only applies to those explicitly opened, not auto-imported.

I'll look into folder selection bug.

If you consider doing the colorful icons, make it into an OPTION, letting some of us keep the current icons. Of course, this always depend on how the color icons would actually look, maybe they would totally rock, who knows.

And I like the overall look of the General/Files/Peers tab, maybe the text should be a little lighter to contrast better, but otherwise I would keep it the way it is.

pHghost: Having options for the toolbar-icon set wouldn't make much sense. It would just be bloat. I'd rather have it the way it is now.

Consider that part of the feedback a musing, not a suggestion for anything. I'd actually say the best is to keep it the way it is right now. It's perfecly fine.

Just to make a concrete suggestion about the General/Files/Peers tab: Either make the font darker (i know you're trying to make a distinction between label and data, but I don't think there's any poin in doing that, you can do bold/light instead perhaps). Or you can make the background darker. Or swap the contrasts (dark text on light background), which might work better with the tables. The lines seperating columns are usually light grey on white, while here they are light grey on a dark background.. makes the lines stick out a bit much and the tables look a bit weird compared to how tables usually look in the OS.

Very impressive for a beta and it's wicked fast. I got 400kbps(not with all dl). I downloaded 800mb file in under an hour. Maybe that nothing new for other users but from me on a 7MB pipe that's cool. Transmission on the same connection couldn't achieve those dl speeds.

Archived