Menubar Icon

I have always loved using uTorrent, and now that it is Mac usable I am really happy. But I had to use another torrent client until you guys released yours. I used Vuze, it wasn't bad but it was community based. I wasn't really for their setup. But one thing they had that I did like was they had a Icon in the Menubar on the top of the screen that allowed you to keep track of your downloads even when you weren't in the application itself. That would be a really handy feature I would think, instead of having to go the the app. itself.

Badges on the dock icon would be better IMO. The menubar is really for apps that don't stay in the dock. And, if you want to be able to change e.g. upload rate, that can be implemented in the context menu for the dock item, kind of like what iTunes already does.

@pHghost

Not true, running apps are not always in the dock. Apps that do not have a dock icon generally have a helper app somewhere that launches them and runs certain processes to allow the app to run.

For example, take a look at CoverSutra, Quicksilver, Awaken, etc, etc. The list could go on for ever. However, I agree with you, there's no need for a menubar icon :/

Archived