uTorrent works, but browser does not

gwirw23

my browser does not work anymore, but my uTorrent works perfectly fine.

I get error page when i use firefox or safarai. does not matter if i have utorrent running or not running.

MSN does not connect also. so i think utorrent does somethign to turn off all my network connection except utorrent itself.

if i turn on my utorrent it works perfectly fine downloading and uploading, but my other types of connection will not work, such as browser and msn messenger. my PC on the same network works perfectly fine with any network related activity.

EDIT: i just reset my cable modem and router. now my macbook's internet works again on both utorrent and browser. not sure what went wrogn there, but everything's fine now!

Try the limited settings in Switeck's post http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259 ... What are your current Ctrl-G settings? If you find you have to reset your modem alot... it may be dying. Same for the router, but the router may have alternate firmware available to customize timeout values on connections which are causing the lockup. It's best if it's a persistent problem to 1) figure out which device is freezing and 2) see if it's a configuration or instability issue.

Archived