speed close to 0 at 10Mbit/1Mbit connection

Tymbryk

After upgreading to vista 64 os i am having problems with utorrent speed. before i was dl-ing with 1MB/s speed and uploading with 100kBps without any probles. Now when i start downloading something speed goes up very fast (evan to 1MB/s) then goes down as fast as it went up. I tried several settings, nothing helped

Anyone had such problems after changing os??

Thx Switeck I did what u said and:

I have reached wanted dl speed - it is ~1.1MB/s now but ul didnt change - its close to 10kB/s and it should be 100kB/s - there are almost 100 peers per each torrent i am seeding - so i persume i should upload bit faster then i do

What are your Ctrl-P > Connection settings... the number of upload slots * total torrents shouldn't be > 25 if you plan to keep efficient throughput. Similar, too many connected peers reduce efficiency.

What are your encryption settings? The suggestions above should let you be able to slip through automated shaping methods...

Set outgoing protocol encryption to Enabled...even try FORCED for a couple minutes to see if that helps.

When you try forced, also disable incoming legacy connections...and make sure EVERY peer/seed connection you have is encrypted. ("E" flag in the PEERS window!) This is to detect if your ISP is disrupting BitTorrent traffic.

Make sure net.max_halfopen isn't set higher than 8...even test it set to 1-4 if you've got the green light in uTorrent. All sorts of strange network problems can occur if uTorrent's half open connections gets too high for your network setup.

i did try to set outgoing protocol encryption to forced, not evan half of my peers has E flag, they have U X, U E, U e, X E, I, IXE, X E

dont know what do u mean by "Make sure net.max_halfopen isn't set higher than 8...even test it set to 1-4 if you've got the green light in uTorrent. All sorts of strange network problems can occur if uTorrent's half open connections gets too high for your network setup." - where do i set this thing??

uTorrent's advanced settings. Many people put net.max_halfopen over 8...and get all kinds of problems as a result.

It's possible for a peer/seed to have multiple flags at once...it's only important that they have the E flag (encryption enabled) in this case to test if you get better speeds that way.

A very heavy seeded torrent (one with more seeds than peers) may not need you to upload alot. It's only the torrents with few seeds and many peers that really suffer if you're uploading slowly. :(

Archived