Internet slow

koberulz

# Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)

Green

# What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

Port is forwarded fine.

# What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

Upload limit: 101 kb/s

Upload Slots: 6

Connections: 100

Connections (global): 50

Max Active torrents: 6

Max active downloads: 5

# What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent)

# Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

Windows Vista

# Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)

AVG 8, Spybot, Ad-Aware

# Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

iConnect 625W

# ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used

Internode

# Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection. When you select a testing mirror, use the ones that are geographically closest to you.

900 kb/s down, 145 kb/s up. Not really sure what type of connection it is, other than that it's not dialup.

Well that's the number I came up with following the instructions. Must've got kbits and kbytes confused or something.

I had it running on my old computer with the xx/1MBit setting, and both browsing and the torrents were fine. Nothing about the internet connection is any different, yet it still doesn't work. I set it to 128k, forced a couple of torrents to start (I was going to bed, so browsing speed wasn't an issue), and now I've got one coming down at 110k off 4 seeders, and one at 20k off 9 seeders, which doesn't make much sense. And I can still browse fine despite being two torrents over the limit.

Archived