Multi-file torrent - problem

tok

Hello, I am downloading a torrent which contains multiple big files. What I want to do is download one file at a time and then move the file from the download directory to some other drive. However, if I do that and remove the file after it has been downloaded, uTorrent says that there is a problem with the torrent file and does not continue downloading the next file that I select. As I said, I only download one file at a time, while all the other files are set to not be downloaded (I have limited disk space and I don't want to have many huge incomplete files). Is there some way to fix this problem? Thanks!

Actually, I think the easiest way of doing this is to remove the job from µTorrent and re-add it when a file is completed. After you're finished with that file, remove it and load the torrent into µTorrent again. If the dialog on file-add is enabled, you only need to check the file you want to download.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I do stop the torrent before moving the files and before starting the torrent again I just enable the single file I want to download and disable all the others.

I will try Animorc's suggestion, but I like more the way BitComet / BitSpirit work(they let me remove the downloaded file without making the torrent unusable).

You can't remove the files because it needs those files (files share piece boundaries, has to read data from them, etc). BitComet and BitSpirit have bad behavior, so don't expect a similar feature in µTorrent. And there's another thread about this anyway.

Instead of doing this, can't you just use diskio.sparse_files? You won't have to "lose" the space for incomplete files if you use it.`

Archived