Rebooting PC causes Torrent Loss - why?

Coriolanus

There is no theoretical limit to the number of loaded torrents, only a practical limit based upon RAM and CPU speed. Instances where the "state" of downloads is chronologically old, usually stem from problems writing the resume.dat file. If you look at the Logger tab, do you see errors listed after starting uT?

Yes I see a message that the Torrent file is not found. I then have to remove the Torrent, point it at the location of the data and of course lose my reseed ratio.

ON the disk where I have the dat files I have 42Gb of free space and 4GB of Ram on the PC.

Not sure why this happens but it is annoying. Acutally I have not noticed that the age of the file has anything to do with it. Files which have been around a long time stay -- usually it is newer ones that vanish.

This only started happening recently when I had a WHOLE lot of torrents I had completed and was using for seeding. It does not happen with torrents that are downloading -- only completed ones that I am using for seeding. I have no problems with downloading torrents at all -- speed of course depends on #of seeders and #of peers.

I have not scanned my C drive recently but will do so after the current torrents finish downloading.

Archived