Weird Utorrent problem

papao_03

Hi,

I've had this problem with utorrent for a couple of weeks now. My connection is at around 512 kbps and usually I download at the speed of 50-60 kBps (Slow, I know) with utorrent. For the past couple of weeks my download speed is at 5-8 kBps max, which is driving me nuts. I tried to check if my connection was the problem or if i my connection was being throttled so I tried the ubuntu torrent (which I keep in utorrent just to test my connection if it's ok) and it reached the max of 50-60 kBps in around 20 seconds. I regularly download from eztv so I tried to check if the torrents itself were the problem. So I tried with another client. I tried with Deluge in Ubuntu (dual boot) and speed goes to a max of 50-60 kBps. I tried with Ares in windows and speed also goes to a max of 50-60 kBps. The problem only happens in Utorrent with all the regular trackers. Not with the ubuntu tracker.

I don't really know if it's a windows problem since Ares works fine with downloading. I've tried a lot of other torrents from different trackers with the same result max of about 5-10 kBps. I also tried using uTorrent 1.9 beta but still no go. Also played with different settings with max half open and speed guide settings (I used to download fine before). Using deluge with the same torrent from Eztv I was able to reach 50-60 kBps so it eliminates the torrent as the problem. I've also patched my tcpip.sys to 50 max half open long ago so it's not that.

I really hope someone can shed light on this. I've always used uTorrent since way back and it's my favorite client.

I'm currently using 8 in uTorrent. I've tried using 4, 16, 25 and a bunch of other numbers allowing about 15- 30 mins per each try with still the same result. I've tried uninstalling utorrent and reinstalling again both 1.8.1 and 1.9 beta no go. I don't think it's software either since it's a basic office computer with comodo and office programs inside. I've had comodo before too and it doesn't seem to be a problem with uTorrent. I tried removing comodo yesterday and tried downloading with the same result.

Thanks for your reply.

Archived