Skinning problem

ShinobiBg

Hi,

I have a serious problem with 1.8.1 uTorrent skinning. I have been trying to find a solution for this on my own but without success.

I have read and followed the skinning instructions many times, but i still have a problem. I use Mozilla Firefox 3.0.4 to download the .bmp files by clicking DL on Skinning page, by default the files are downloaded to a default download directory then i copy them to C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\uTorrent\ and for some reason, the skins are not working. Not only that, the size of .bmp files is 0. But even if the size is OK, once i click on that .bmp image i get "No preview available" message. Like the files are corrupted or something :/

I have Windows XP SP3 installed, latest version of utorrent .. i have also tried with different internet browsers [iE, Safari] still the same problem. And the problem affects all icons /Toolbars/Status Icons/Tab Icons/Probram Icons/

Any clue what could cause this problem?

Thank You

i tried almost all of them .. no success :(

strange thing is .. that no1 seems to have the same problem as i do. No even my friends who use utorrent as well. And its not like i'm a noob or something, i have a MCSA cert. and a degree in CS. %@^% .. ill try to troubleshoot this for a while, if nothing works ill install Vista on my PC and see what happens xD

I swore I answered this, but instead I made a file for you. Download testca9.jpg Un-archive it (it is a .RAR file) into your settings.dat directory. If you can't download this file, then your ISP is messing with you BIGTIME.

Edit: I didn't mention what skin I chose... uTris and derivatives from the creative savaden, and the "tribal" guy I've grown to love, by Shrill. Rename main.ico tray.ico if you only want the tray icon affected, or copy it for both effects :D

Archived