I Need Help To Install This

Serumem

Hi, I'm new to these forums and new to utorrent.

But, I think i downloaded it, but it's not working!

Here are the steps I'm doing, and if I'm doing anything wrong, can someone please help me?

The Steps:

1. I first went to this website http://mac.utorrent.com/ and clicked Get uTorrent

2. [btw, I use a Mac] So, when I clicked it, in my Downloads it is downloading a file called "uTorrent-Mac-13802.dmg" and just before it finishes, it says it has an application and if i wanna continue downloading, and I click Continue

3. After the download, on my desktop I have 2 icons. The first icon is: uTorrent and the second icon is uTorrent-Mac-13802.dmg

4. When I click on the dmg icon, it opens something that says on top uTorrent, and below it, it says 2 items, 142.7 MB available. And below this information, it shows the uTorrent icon, and an arrow pointing to Applications.

5. So, I grab the uTorrent icon and I drag and drop it to my Applications.

6. I go to my Applications, I grab uTorrent, and drag and drop it to my Dock.

7. I click on uTorrent, and it doesn't open.

So, am I doing something wrong?! Can you guys please help me with this? Thank You!

:)

@NoOneButMe "it says it has an application and if i wanna continue downloading, and I click Continue" that is a leopard only feature so he is using leopard.

@Serumem Please check that you are not using a PowerPC CPU:

When you click the apple logo on the menubar and click on "About This Mac" please verfiy that you are not using a G3, G4, G5 Processor.

µtorrent is a universal application but it very buggy atm on a PowerPC based Processor.

If you are using a Intel Mac I would be very much surprised.

@Serumem: (Assuming you're on Leopard) I don't suppose there's a message in Console.app? uTorrent doesn't put crash info in there, but it cant hurt to look. And can you clear prefs (~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent and ~/Library/Preferences/com.bittorrent.uTorrent.plist) and try to reopen?

@TG: Even on PowerPC, it should still *open*. It's buggy as in some features may not work properly; not that it doesn't open at all. The only times i've ever heard of it not opening at all is on Tiger. And If he was on a G3, he would be on Panther or Tiger; Leopard doesn't support those procs :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived