Basic File Question!

MurDuR

Morning!

I have downloaded some files that I have moved to a different hard drive. I wish to continue seeding these files, but I now get an error saying that utorrent cannot locate these files. Please can somebody advise me how I get utorrent to point at these moved files, so that I can continue to seed?

I know, a noob question, but I am a noob to all this! I promise, I looked for the answer, but I couldn't find it - probably cos it is so simple, I will kick myself when you answer!

Thanks for the hint moogly. Problem is, I did as you said, now utorrent is downloading the file again, it does not seem to realise that the file exists in its entirety already.

Heyulp!

Quick update :- It seems to be DL'ing the file at 800 kb/s. It is not checking the file, but re-downloading it VERY fast. I am confused!

Ok, the location of my file is D:\My Videos\Movies\My Film. This path contains the file 'My Film' (obviously, not naming the file!). 'My Film' is complete, no need to download it again.

I want to seed this file, but it won't. It is just downloading it again; even though the full file is complete.

Sorry to be such a pain, I just want to get this right!

Sorry thelittlefire, but you seem to misunderstand what I am meaning. I have not lost the file, I have the file. I have moved the file (in this case, a film, but I have LOTS of files I wish to seed, but from a different location than the original dl location.)

Guys and gals, I just want to continue to seed the files I have downloaded after I have moved them. Please can somebody explain how I do this? The solution moogly stated does not work. I wish to seed from a secondary drive and not my main drive.

My solution works if your 2nd HD is detected by your OS.

Use Set Dwl Location function to indicate the new folder where you moved your data, what does matter if it's an external HD, an USB device etc...

A second solution is to edit resume.dat with the freeware BE http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 and change the path of the torrents you moved. Then restart the torrents.

Thanks moogly, fast response there sir!

I did try your initial solution, but as previously stated, that just made utorrent want to download the whole file again; yes, I DID triple check that I was pointing to the correct folder!

What I have now done, is to just change the download location for ALL downloads to my 2nd drive, where I can seed away happily!

Thanks for your patience :)

Archived