I'm fed up!

Woah G!

Also if you have a wireless router hooked up to that modem/router your double nat'd. Which basically means that your trying to forward your port through 2 firewalls and possibly 3 (1 on your ZyXel 1 on wireless router and 1 on your PC). If you make your wireless router an Access Point your gear will all be on the same subnet and all you'll have to do is configure you ZyXel router to port forward to your PC's IP address.

No it should not. You should set your ip address to 192.168.2.50..then re-do the port forward steps and shut your router off (unplug the power), shut your computer off...then in this order turn them on Router, PC...if none of this works then I would uninstall UTorrent and re-install. This worked for me..I still get the yellow caution thing but when I check to see if my port is being forwarded I get a GO.

• 1 month later...

ok, according to the pictures you do have it forwarded to 192.168.1.1. That is your routers address. Notice your address for the computer is 192.168.1.10. A completely different address. Try changing it .10 instead of .1

Can't believe no one else spotted this.

1. I'm guessing you didn't spot DWK's very first reply (read: nope, we didn't miss that obvious mistake).

2. 192.168.2.10 is within the DHCP range, which is not conducive to port forwarding, and which we're already telling Woah G! to fix by changing his computer's IP. So forwarding to that IP wouldn't be a good idea.

3. His own screenshot indicates that he forwarded to 192.168.2.1.

So uh, that's 3 strikes. If you plan on chiding/correcting anyone, first make sure you yourself have it right.

• 4 weeks later...
Also if you have a wireless router hooked up to that modem/router your double nat'd. Which basically means that your trying to forward your port through 2 firewalls and possibly 3 (1 on your ZyXel 1 on wireless router and 1 on your PC). If you make your wireless router an Access Point your gear will all be on the same subnet and all you'll have to do is configure you ZyXel router to port forward to your PC's IP address.

I do not have a wireless router, I only have the ZyXel EQ-660R that my ISP sent to me, and the computer.

I did a reset on the router and reset my static IP address to a new one. I opened 3 different alternatives of uTorrent in the Windows Firewall settings, uninstalled norton and got AVG.

Here are my settings now:

293aj3q.jpg

2mpnb5v.jpg

f04v9s.jpg

33lh1na.jpg

282ntif.jpg

Again, you still haven't set a proper static IP. We've repeatedly said that you need to use an IP outside of your router's DHCP range. The range (as you last posted) was 192.168.2.2 - 192.168.2.33 (inclusive). Pick another IP -- 192.168.2.5 as you currently have it set up is inside of that range. Example? 192.168.2.50.

Just as a reminder, you'll need to forward ports to that new IP.

And no, it's not that you're annoying, and it's certainly not that anything's been taken personally (how would it be?). It's that it's frustrating to help someone asking for help when that person isn't following advice carefully.

Archived