WRT54G Rev. 5, F/W: 1.00.4

Computer Guru

I actually had a Belkin Pre-N; but it died.. That was one kick ass router for sure ^*^

Actually the VxWorks is a nice router, its definitely the fastest interface and boot times I have ever seen, better coverage then previous revisions and stuff... but useless for hackers and hard core modders :(

I cannot believe that even now Linksys refuses to acknowledge and/or address this issue.

I mean, how hard is it to cut tracking of connections when they are aborted client-side?

Is turning on and off the router good enough?

Thanks!

~CG

I only say it sucks because it's not Linux, and the fact that it has half the RAM and flash memory. it's a cheap mass market router... and people bitched, so they re-released the old Linux router as the WRT54GL (rebranded WRT54G v4), and kept the GS as Linux-based. :D

Yeah, rebooting the router should be good enough. I somehow doubt the VxWorks router has the same problem though; the timeouts are surely different for a VxWorks OS.

I only say it sucks because it's not Linux, and the fact that it has half the RAM and flash memory. it's a cheap mass market router... and people bitched, so they re-released the old Linux router as the WRT54GL (rebranded WRT54G v4), and kept the GS as Linux-based. :D

Not any more. There's a GSv5 out now that has adopted the VxWorks & half memory of the Gv5.

Uh, I thought the latest GS was still Linux, with half the memory. But maybe that was the GS v4.... Oh well, speedbooster's nothing big anyway, it's an nvram setting, turned it on my WRT54G :P

The GSv5 is pretty new, folks on the DD-WRT forums just started talking about it a few days ago.

Hi Computer Guru,

i've been using the v5 router with the updated 1.00.4 firmware and it seems to be working just as well then having a v1-4 (insert funny story: i owned a v3.1 and it bricked, sent back to linksys and they return me a v5. such arses!) with custom startup script and having to upload randomly buggy 3rd party firmware like HWRT or DD-WRT. though i would wish someone could write a 3rd party f/w for v5 for most of the features i miss from them.

Archived