utorrent not working after modem reboot

kaguraa

Hello,

i'm using utorrent since ages,(version 1.6) but something weird is happen since version 1.8.2 and above, if i'm with utorrent open and reboot my modem/router it never back to download ultil I restart utorrent... what is happening? :/

using XP SP3 with built-in firewall...

The tracker appear as updating... and still "updating" for ever...

I can see connection in my firewall but no transference

I have only one wireless adapter, correctly configured

So uTorrent is showing connection attempts to peers and seeds in its Logger window? ...and the resulting failures (timeouts)?

Do you have UPnP enabled? (If so, port should remap every 20 minutes with UPnP on.)

Is regular web surfing affected the same way be resetting your modem/router?

Are your half open connections getting "stuck" in uTorrent? (should show under Help, Show Statistics at top)

Could somebody that experience this problem post a relevant log or a wireshark dump of what uTorrent is doing?

It is supposed to keep retrying contacting the tracker and the DHT, and once it succeeds, the peers' failcount should be decreased and it will try to connect to them again.

How long does it typically take to get network access back up again after a modem reboot? Does it change the IP address?

timtomnaru, your router probably sucks and uTorrent is simply overloading it.

DISABLE: UPnP, NAT-PMP, LPD, DHT (both kinds!), and Resolve IPs (right-click in PEERS window on an active torrent).

Keep Peer Exchange enabled...it should be encrypted if your peer/seed connections are encrypted.

Lower global and per-torrent connection max to 60 OR LESS as well.

You might also need/want to disable Teredo and uTP connections as well!

Archived