Delete torrent doesn't refresh the WebUI

simonbcn

Hi,

µTorrent 1.8.2 + Firefox 3.0.7

I have defined as default in µTorrent "delete .torrent + data".

When I delete a torrent from WebUI, the WebUI doesn't refresh and it remains the torrent in list.

I have to close the WebUI and turn it to opening in order that it eliminates this torrent of the list.

BitTorrent webUI 0.1.10

Brief

Copy Plain Text

FavLoc

FireFTP

MLDonkey Protocol Handler

Tab Mix Plus

µTorrent 0.1.8.2b

Adblock Plus

Add Bookmark Here2

Ubuntu Firefox Modifications

------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that the problem occurs only in large torrents> 20GB.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, but your solution is no solution.

This error, among others, are using the webUI.

Obviously, if you delete the torrents from µTorrent, the problem does not occur.

I don't see that the problems are resolved, they get new versions of webUI, but they are still dragging the same mistakes.

Mistakes like this or like the context menu in Firefox is produced from many versions ago and they are still there... :(

The only one!? And the rest of messages of this forum? Are they all congratulations?

Really do you think that the webui works well?

It's a good webui, certainly. But needs improvement.

For example, problems such as the Firefox context menu (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=56130), long ago that this happens with older versions of Firefox and webui, and this is still happening.

I report the bugs that I find in order that you improve the webui. Now it's your responsibility to improve it or not.

The only one!? No

And the rest of messages of this forum? The are a bunch of people with problems, and if you look through it we can solve or explain most of them. But the hundreds of thousands without problems don't post. So yes you are only one of the few. I'd guess it's less then 1% even.

Are they all congratulations? Some actually are.

Really do you think that the webui works well? Yes it does, I've been working with it myself for more then 2 years and I know lots of other people that also use and agree .

It's a good webui, certainly. But needs improvement. Indeed it does. There is always room for improvement. There is a bunch of features that would be handy if implemented.

I report the bugs that I find in order that you improve the webui. But what if what you report as a bug here should have been reported over at the Mozilla bugtracker, or maybe at one of the Fx plugin forums?

Now it's your responsibility to improve it or not. No it's not. I'm just another utorrent/webui user. The devs hardly post here, even Directrix (another 'mere' user) who wrote the default frontend (aka webui.zip) doesn't post here often. And the devs have made it know that the webui right now is a low priority anyways, they have bigger, more important features to implement and perfect.

In any case. I'm just saying the webui is working fine for most. And I think it is likely that these problems you are having are a consequence of a bunch of circumstances / minor bugs in the different elements involved (browser, plugins, OS, webui, etc). In fact these problems likely can't even be solved by directrix or the devs.

Last but not least this program is free. You are entitled to nothing but your opinion. And the devs aren't required to do anything.

This discussion is absurd.

I would be grateful to you that if you do not have suggestions to solve the problem, you don't fill the threads with advertising pro-µTorrent. It's not necessary. Thanks.

But what if what you report as a bug here should have been reported over at the Mozilla bugtracker, or maybe at one of the Fx plugin forums?

Two pages with examples of code that yes work:

http://www.webtoolkit.info/javascript-context-menu.html

http://ajaxian.com/archives/dynamic-right-click-context-menu (http://www.harelmalka.com/rightcontext/)

I cannot also report these incidents in Trac because it's down for weeks.

• 8 months later...

Archived