trouble installing with a hughes satellite internet connection

martin5

I connect to the internet through a Hughes satellite dish, and modem (Hughes HN7000S). In trying to install utorrent, I can't get past the port checker, which gives this message: "Warning. Port xxxxxx cannot be checked. Your browser is set up to connect through a proxy." I am then directed to a port tester site which my browser can't load. When I search the site that lists the information about the many different modems, I cannot find the Hughes modem listed above. One thing I notice is that when initially checking the port, the utorrent installation program is using an IP address that is different from the satellite router address and the modem NAT IP address, and I don't see how I can change that.

Any help here (for a brand-newby) would be much appreciated.

So that's it? Nothing I can do? A google search for help with this brought up posts in the utorrent archive from people who had utorrent connected through Hughes satellite, and were having speed issues. At this point, I wouldn't mind having a speed question, if I could just get connected. Are you saying there is no way through the Hughes ISP system?

Archived