not downloaded still file size is huge

uzair.hamid

hey there

I have a long list of files im downloading. So when I checked my harddisk, it was full ! and I haven't even downloaded any of the files....de-checkin the "pre-allocate files" doesn't fix this problem.....I dont wanna fill up my hard drive all at once.and I also dont wanna rebuild my list of torrents again........So is there any way to delete all that huge amount of trash in my harddrive without getting rid of the "torrents" which I will soon download one by one?

Pre-allocate works on start of the torrent job. Turning it off now doesn't help you. How much data did you start without finishing?! If you have no space now, it means you can't add NEW torrents, but you can still download the torrents you ALREADY have setup to download.

What is your Ctrl-P > Advanced diskio.sparse_files set to? When TRUE and not using pre-allocate your disk usage should only be what you have downloaded from each torrent.

So either keep pre-allocate off and download willy-nilly or keep it on, and download responsibly.

Archived