Torrents not starting again after internet connection drops!

mnodi

Hi,

Utorrent works fine - great speeds, the problem I have is that when my internet connection drops off briefly (which it does often - I live in Thailand; have to live with it!) or course the down/uploads stop but then, when the connection returns the torrents don't start again. I manually stop them and start them again but nothing.

The only way to get them to start going again is to exit Utorrent (close it down) and then open it again.

This is a pain in the backside obviously as I can't leave it and go do something else as it might stop the down/uploads and stay like that for as long as I'm away.

Like I said when its working its a dream. Any tips, I've had a look round the forum and can't quite find anything similar.

I'm on XP SP2, Utorrent 1.8, BiPAC5210SRC router.

M

Thanks for the quick relpy

Can be a long time. If I leave it on and go out (hours) it'll have been like that for hours. Its just done it again, been inactive for about an hour. No amount of stopping and starting the torrents kicks them into life whilst the program is still open. So...closed it down and re-opended Utorrent and bang working again and great speeds.

I can't work it out. Somethings not kicking the torrents back into life when the connections back up.

M

Archived