Connecting to more Seeders

allicando1

Hi, just recently (last week) I have noticed my downloads are slower than usual. For example I am downloading a torrent from 6 seeders of 110 connected. How do you connect to more seeders? I was always getting green ticks but now they are yellow yet I haven't changed any of my settings. When I do a port check it comes up closed but it has been suggested by mod that perhaps my router was behind a cache? (I'm not sure what that means).

Connecting to more peers doesn't mean faster speeds. Try the http://slackware.com/torrents/ test torrent for an example.

If your icon is going yellow intermittently that's OK, as long as it doesn't turn RED. IF you mouseover the network status icon what does it say?

If you didn't change anything on your end it's possible your ISP did. Check around locally, either by checking appropriate filesharing forums, or even ask your ISP if they interfere by packet sniffing or shaping your connection's traffic during peak hours (known as "network management for customer experience")

If you search for your ISP here does it show up alot?

Archived