Shared Data between separate files?

Crash&Burn

I believe I've seen it stated by some of the people in the know, that there is shared data between separate files.

I have multiple similiar files spread across multiple torrents. Within the different torrents some files were selected to skip before the torrent started, and others were selected to skip after the torrent was finished.

When I delete files (or an incomplete .!ut) that are set to skip, and then do a Force Recheck the torrent this causes other unrelated files to lose integrity and the torrent drops below 100% complete.

What causes this? And can it be prevented? Or do I just have to stop all those torrents - remove them from seeding/shared and create a new torrent when I am done sorting thru the multiple torrents.

As well I've noticed some files that were selected to skip before the torrent was started will download anyways (either partially or completely).

Cross-file pieces. Bittorrent is not based upon files, but blocks of data. This data doesn't care about file boundaries, and as such whenever you deal with SKIPPING or deleted files you must download data again to "complete" that block even though you only affected one of the two files.

Archived