Allocation Bug

JMJimmy

If a torrent is removed but what data did download is kept utorrent fails to de-allocate the memory that was pre-allocated for that torrent. ie: Download 10 files of 30 in a torrent, the 20 empty (0 pieces downloaded) files are not de-allocated.

JMJimmy

Sorry if I offended. For me doesn't make sense to keep pre-allocated space for download of torrent files after the torrent file itself has been deleted. Simply removing from the list that I get, but once the Remove And->Delete .torrent is selected it should (in my mind) de-allocate any unused files (where pieces have not downloaded) as there is no reason for them to exist.

JMJimmy

The function he describes works as intended. You had the same response initially.

Put it this way. If it works the same way as partfiles, great. If not, I think the functionality should be changed. Whether or not I feel preallocate is a stupid option and people shouldn't expect things to happen that shouldn't happen given they use said stupid option, I mean allegedly stupid option :P

heh I got that on post 4 :)

If we could make it a feature request: my assumption of behaviour was based on programs releasing memory in general (think ram/memory leaks) when no longer in use. This assumption is perhaps a bit faulty since it's hdd not ram but with torrent sizes getting larger and larger I think it would be a good idea to update the behaviour.

Cheers,

JMJimmy

Archived