encrypt traffic

ismanpa

Hello,

I read this on the Internet:

"Encrypt uTorrent traffic

If you are using uTorrent for file sharing, or any bit torrent client for that matter, you should make sure that you only allow encrypted traffic. By encrypting the traffic, you make it harder to get detected. Also, many ISPs try to block bit torrent client to save bandwidth and legal troubles.

If you are using uTorrent (my personal favorite) here's how to encrypt your traffic. In uTorrent go to Options > Preferences > BitTorrent then select "Protocol encryption". You can choose between "enabled" and "forced". If you choose "enabled", you will get more connections but less protection. For maximum protection, select "forced"."

I can't find this "forced" check mark. How can I encrypt downloading/uploading in uTorent?

Thank you!

Preferences > Bittorrent > Protocol Encryption

Then use the drop-down list to choose 'forced'.

Protocol Encryption

The Outgoing dropdown menu allows you to select the mode of encryption that you prefer µTorrent to establish. All modes will accept incoming encrypted connections, and the encryption is 2-way.

Disabled will force µTorrent to attempt to establish only unencrypted outgoing connections.

Enabled will allow µTorrent to establish encrypted and unencrypted outgoing connections, depending on how the peer responds to the handshake. This is the recommended option, as it provides µTorrent with the largest pool of peers to pick from for connecting to.

Forced forces µTorrent to establish only encrypted outgoing connections. Any peer that doesn't support encryption will not be connected to. It is recommended that you not use this option unless your ISP actively searches for unencrypted outgoing connections, as it can impair your ability to connect to peers.

Allow incoming legacy connections allows µTorrent to accept unencrypted incoming connections. If disabled, any incoming connection that is unencrypted will be ignored. It is recommended that you not disable this option unless your ISP actively searches for unencrypted incoming connections, as it can significantly impair your ability to connect to peers.

• 2 months later...

Archived