Can not see Peers, Pieces, Files n Logger tabs

TinyTorrent

Hi Frenz,

I'm using the latest version of µTorrent(1.8.3).

I've noticed that from the last few updates I'm not able to see the Peers, Pieces, Files and Logger sub tabs, when I select an active torrent in the downloading window. However the General, Tracker and speed sub tabs are working fine.

These sub tabs were/are very useful to us. I used these sub tabs extensively in the past. Please direct me what went wrong. I did a reinstall but d problem remains.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Dear Switeck,

I read your FAQ and deleted/recreated my %appdata%\utorrent folder. Thanks a million for that. Now everything works perfectly.

We can not ask anything more from µTorrent; It has already given us a lot. But anyway, perhaps µTorrent should have something like "internal auto repairing" facility of its settings.

I could have submitted my settings folder, but the folder has files and those files have some sensitive informations :D.

My main "work" concerning uTorrent is my Speed Guide (2nd link in my signature) which borrows heavily from the one built-into uTorrent (CTRL+G).

The speed guide is pretty detailed and looks nice. I'll bring those settings into practice now and hope to see improvements in my speed.

More than likely the column widths got messed up. Right clicking on the column header and choosing Reset usually fixes that.

Nuh!! The column widths were okay, as I could see the Path, Done, Size... etc clearly. Just that, when I click the sub tabs, nothing appears.

I have a backup of my old settings. Perhaps I should share that with the µTorrent developer.

Anyway thanks to all.

You screwed the file up in the process, because it's no longer a valid bencoded file. Don't manually edit the file.

If you need to remove sensitive data, use Preferences > General > Clear Private Data in µTorrent and remove any sensitive paths in Preferences > Directories.

More than likely the column widths got messed up. Right clicking on the column header and choosing Reset usually fixes that.

With all apologies and brickbats for my previous remarks(Nuh!!......), this is a problem exactly as u said. No brainer, simply a problem related to column widths.

However we should put this problem/scenario(?) into the FAQ section, as I never personally altered column so as to make them invisible.

I'm not able to see the Peers, Pieces, Files and Logger sub tabs

That bit was unclear. I had thought you meant the tabs were literally missing, not that you couldn't see the contents. Should it be listed in the FAQ? Perhaps, since it's happened all too many times already.

That bit was unclear. I had thought you meant the tabs were literally missing ..............

Sorry for my inability to clearly convey my prob. I only could not see the contents when I click the sub tabs.

It will be a great idea to put this scenario into the FAQ. More so coz when a "rookie" like me with 15+ years of IT experience lands into such things.. consider the situation for a newbie. But at the same tone we are getting old; The new generation is faster, smarter. Hala.

Archived