Download speed won't go above 10 kb/s!!!!!

MarioSingh

Hi there, I am very new to this and do not have a lot of experience in peer-to-peer distribution...

When i started downloading, i think I was using uTorrent 1.8.2, and was achieving download speeds of sometime over 100kb/s, and all i changed about my set up was setting the max upload limit to 6....

However, now i'm working with uTorrent 1.8.3, my download speeds do not go above 10kb/s, and I have been on youtube etc changing all kinds of "preferences" settings in order to increase the speed, but to no use....

It looks as if theres a barrier stopping me from going above 10 kb/s, and sometimes downloading just completely stops....

I see posts about their download speeds being slow, but uploads are ok, however this is not the case for me, as my uploads are also always 0, even though they are set to a maximum of 10 on preferences....

In terms of torrents, I get them from isohunt and they have thousands of seeds and peers in the brackets, but outside of the bracket on the uTorrent GUI I am only using 4 or 5....

I really don't know where I am going wrong, I mean I was frustrated when it took me 4 or so hours to download a film, but this is taking days...

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated, also, I am not a computer wizz, so unfortunately may need to be told in a dumbed down, english language....

Thanks.

Archived