Torrent speed has dropped ALOT and internet disconnects randomly

darkthunda86

1stly i am fairly new at this and so i apologise in advance for wasting peoples times if that is what i am doing.

A few weeks ago i was downloading on average 650 k/B a second. Until recently my speeds struggle to reach 100 k/B. Also recently my MSN for example disconnects randomly as does my internet connection. I have restored my laptop too its original state and also my BT home hub 2.0 and have made no progress so far. I am getting furious and irritated. I have followed the speed guide in its entirety and also other help guides. such as patching the half open limit fix. When i test my download speed it is always on averagely around 5.30 Mbps and upload between 0.89 to 0.92 (anytime of the day). My port is forwarded properly as it says when i check it through the speed guide.

Im sorry if ive not provided enuf info which im sure i havent but i really will appreciate any advice and guidance :)

yours faithfully

Aaron

Thanks for the reply

My uTorrent settings are as follows: upload limit of 78kB/s global max connections of 450, max number of peers per torrent 100 and number of upload slots per torrent 5. I have also allowed incoming legacy connections under protocoll encryption and the outgoing is enabled.

I shall go through everything in the links throughly and post back afterwards

Thanks again

So far i have lowered my max number of global connections by 50 and disabled DHT for network and new torrents and and im repeatedly testing an open office torrent and it is downloading everytime at around 630 kB/s which i am very very happy BUT the speed does drop right down to below 5kB/s aftter a while and then pickes up again. my msn keeps disconnecting every so often and when browsing using IE8 that sometimes is unable to load webpages. I shall continue going through the links and forums :)

Thanks

Did you also disable UPnP, NAT-PMP (under Connection), Local Peer Discovery (next to DHT), Resolve IPs (right-click in PEERS window of a torrent), uTP connections (set bt.transp_disposition to 5 in advanced settings), reduce both bt.connect speed and net.max_halfopen to 1-4 (also in advanced settings)?

Hopefully Teredo/IPv6 is *NOT* enabled...that makes a LOT of UDP packets as well which can wreck marginal networking software and hardware.

I have done what you have wrote above but my internet is now going really slow and speed tests are coming up that i have actually dropped 1 mbps. Also my uTorrent status icon is staying yellow and the open office torret is downloading around 100kB/s now. Ill change the settings back and see if it changes. Furthermore i am sure that IPv6/Teredo is installed (which i have no idea what it is anyway)

• 2 years later...

sorry for bumping up an old thread, i thought my issue was relevant to this topic :D

hello, i am an avid torrent downloader. have been for the past 5-10 years, for the most part, i used Bitlord, it felt very much like napster/kazaa/morpheus/limewire and etc...i also play eve-online (amazing mmo) almost all day. about 3 years ago, i noticed i began to disconnect from eve online once a week, and then once a day and then once every hour. the only remedies to these disconnects was to change something in my internet connection so i replaced routers, ethernet cables, ethernet cards, cable modems, changed internet companies, went from hardwire to wifi, changed the computer itself, and the disconnects would stop for a month at each change but would gradually return to their hourly headache, it was at this point that i was changing torrent software, i stopped at uTorrent. no change, so finally i realized what everything had in common, im always downloading, 16 hours a day, so.. on this theory, i fished out an old dual core from the closet, installed windows on it and made it my downloading computer that runs 24 /7. And now my main computer only disconnects from eve-online ... ummm.. once every 2 weeks, which is tolerable, BUT.. one tiny problem, on my main computer... when my utorrent is downloading at 300kb/s (the limiti i set it to) my teamspeak disconnects every 2 minutes, does anyone have a solution for this ?

thank you

Archived