TCP Port preference gets lost randomly

mikebell

I've noticed that quite often, the port that I've set in preferences, gets changed to some random value. I don't have any of the other options enabled (UPnP, Randomize) but the port preference gets lots quite often. It's quite annoying when I don't see a green light and the reason is that pref was lost :(

Is there a way to set it so it never changes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am running uTorrent Version 0.9.1.2 (15399) under OSX 10.5.8 on Intel; this is an intermittent problem for me.

I associate it with the following predecessors:

- an out of disk space condition has occurred during the session

- another application has hogged memory and processor during the session

(typically Parallels and Windows XP, and Adobe Bridge) which has affected system stability.

However, I cannot reproduce the fault, I just endure it.

LATER ...

I have seen this problem recur again when uTorrent quit unexpectedly and port number field was reset to zero.

I presume that the changes or resettings of the port number are not written back to any config file at the time

but only during normal closedown processing.

uTorrent is normally reliable but it has quit on me when handling poorly made torrents with blank/null filenames.

Lightpourer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Add me to the problem list. Running 10.6.2, uTorrent 0.9.2 17267, static IP. uTorrent will run fine for hours then suddenly "no incoming connections". I open prefs and the port number has been changed. Randomize and Automatically ... are not checked. This has been happening ever since I installed 0.9.2. It happens on two different 10.6.2 Macs, so a reinstall makes no sense.

I reset the port number to what I have forwarded and all is well within a minute or two.

A real pita if you need to hold a minimum ratio. Naturally it never happens on the way down, only after the download is complete and I'm seeding.

Archived