Firewall is OFF, port is OPEN.. yet I'm still getting red icon -

vegamustang

I have disabled my firewall, and my windows firewall. I have double and triple checked..the port that I have assigned is open for UTORRENT application yet I still get the orange and even red icon. Sometimes I get good speeds but still the red icon, my net is fine. My firewall on rooter is also off.

What am I doing wrong? I had a look at the FaQ but I didnt find anything that could help other than the wall and ports - Plz advise me thanks :)

I am having basically the same problem here! I forwarded the port correctly, (PFPortChecker states that the port is open!) But Utorrent claims it is not. Just have the red icon all the time.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Although I understand you are being helpful, those links bring me to the FAQ which I have read repeatedly and thoroughly, another link brings me to portforward.. which doesn't matter as my port is 100% open and finally the post link brings me to a thread on how to allow exceptions to firewalls for different security software but again as I said .. my firewalls and security software is disabled.. so I'm still at square one.

Everything is off.. Kaspersky is turned off. Spybot is turned off. Completely. The port is open, I checked it on my IP page, its open and enabled. Windows firewall is off.. so why am I getting the red Icon ? :( :(

Archived