uTorrent's own speed throttling, (not the ISPs)

GeorgeWBush

Hi. New to the forums. Since my my question is very stupid... i figured my user-name should be as such.

I read speed trouble guide and they managed to fix my problem.

When I upgraded to from uTorrent 1.82 to 1.83 my speed dropped.

But after re-reading the advice... my problem was as simple as deleting the firewall program exception I already had setup and re-adding it.

So now that its a little faster, I still can't get the speeds I used to with 1.82.

It seems the ratio of DL speeds is restricted to what I set as the UL speed to.

Is there an DL to UL ratio? Or am I going crazy?

Mine seems to be 50:1

eg.

50kB :1kB

100kB : 2kB

500kB : 10kB etc.

I never had this before. It used to be Infinite:1kB

I'm all for sharing but my UL quota counts toward my DL quota. Its more than I can handle.

Does this ratio exist or do I have a problem elsewhere?

Hi. New to the forums. Since my my question is very stupid... i figured my user-name should be as such.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice XD

I never had this before. It used to be Infinite:1kB

I'm all for sharing but my UL quota counts toward my DL quota. Its more than I can handle.

Selfish dog!

The protocol was designed so that clients would prefer people that actually uploaded. If you get unlimited at night or something you could use the scheduler to have µTorrent only run at those times, otherwise..

While this shouldn't be happening, it may be because you've set upload terribly low relative to download speed. TCP/IP networking doesn't work well at all with 1 side having a very low limit.

Did you try disabling UPnP, NAT-PMP, DHT (both kinds), Local Peer Discovery, and Resolve IPs (right-click in PEERS window of a torrent).

Also lower global and per torrent connection max really low...just BEING connected to multiple peers/seeds costs extra bandwidth.

Also lower bt.connect_speed from its default of 20 new outgoing peer/seed connection attempts per second to only 1-4.

Best to leave net.max_halfopen at 8.

Archived