Rachidfinge Posted August 5, 2009 Report Share Posted August 5, 2009 I'n having huge memory issues with uTorrent 1.8.3. After a few hours (which include completing some downloads and seeding them aferwards), uTorrent uses about all of my physical memory. The physical memory monitor in the Task Manager shows 3.96 GB of my memory 4.00 GB availalable memory is in usage. When I close any app bar uTorrent, naturally the memory usage drops a little, but before too long, it's back to 3.96 GB. Computer performance and responsivess is horrible during this time. For example, firing up Word takes well over 10 seconds instead of the usual 2 to 3.When I close uTorrent itself, the memory usage drops dramatically: in one case, after closing uTorrent, memory usage is only 760 MB:('afsluiten' is Dutch for 'to close'; you can see the small drop of memory usage on the left of the graph when I close my mail client and the increased memory usage following it)Rather than this being caused by a large cache, I'm affraid this is a memory leak. Could anyone shed some more light on this issue? Is it known?I'm running uTorrent 1.8.3 on Windows 7 Ultimate RC1 x64 with all current patches installed. My PC has 4 GB memory and runs on an Intel C2D @ 2.13 GHz. My two harddrives have multiple gigabytes of free space. The system is connected to the Internet through a 100 mbit connection, so download is set to unlimited and upload to 6 MB/s max. Sometimes, indeed, multiple megabytes per second of seeding is achieved. However, I haven't had this problem with uTorrent before, while I still had this huge download and upload speeds. I have reinstalled uTorrent by moving the executable to my desktop, removing all the files in %appdata%\uTorrent (except for the RSS data file) and then running the executable from the desktop to force the installer to run. It didn't make a difference.I will try to downgrade to uTorrent 1.8.2 to see if this issue is 1.8.3-specific.Of course I'm willing to offer more information if needed. Since I'm not sure this is truly a bug, I've posted this topic in the troubleshooting area. If this turns out to be a bug, moderators should feel free to move the topic.Thank you for reading this; hopefully someone will be able to help. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.