Browser(Firefox) drastically slowed down?

jg24

Hi uTorrent forum members,

I am new here and joined because I just encountered a serious slow down recently,I have been using uTorrent 1.8.2 for a long time,not updating because was very happy with this version,well I decided what the heck I will update,so I went to 1.8.3 and ever since my browser has drastically slowed down to a crawl when using uTorrent,particularly when uploading(seeding),not downloading,this was NEVER like this before,it just started,I am using ZA firewall,running WinXP Pro SP2,and no new software has been added(everything the same as before the update),so I tried updating to 1.8.4 latest and still the same,when I start seeding everything crawls,and I have high speed cable internet,so please if anyone has any suggestions,please tell me,and if you need more info,by all means ask away.

Thanks for your time and help.

"Update the rules for uTorrent in zonealarm"

I have never had to do this before,where are these rules I need to change and what am I changing them to? every time I update I give uTorrent full access to the internet,so I must have missed something?

Thanks for the response,and a fast response at that.

"Remove the old rules in zonealarm"

LOL sorry for the all the questions but how do I remove all the old rules,do I just delete uTorrent from the list and shutdown\reboot and then start everything back up?

this is just weird that this happened,never had a problem updating before this,and when uTorrent is off,everything screams again.

but ditching uTorrent is out of the question,this program works very very well(friends have told me to switch torrent clients,that is why I mentioned it,not going to happen).

Thanks for all the info,I will look into AVG,and yes I am using a router,it would be nice to get rid of ZA,I have had problems with this software in the past.

but the one thing I do like is the fact that you can prevent software from accessing the internet,like MeGUI and other programs that always want to access the internet before doing anything,so it is nice to block programs such as these,does Windows Firewall have something like this?

Thanks

Archived