Recognize downloaded files in a new directory

YaHootie

I have moved my completed files to a new subdirectory below the original directory called "…\completed uTorrents".

I have moved my completed files to a new subdirectory below the original directory called "…\completed uTorrents". I have changed the location in Preferences for completed downloads and rebooted but I still get the error "Error: Can't open .torrent file 'and will list the original directory where files was download'". Newly downloaded files do automatically load into the new directory but none of the original files previous downloaded before I changed the preference file are recognized.

What steps do I have I make for this new directory to recognize or relink to my earlier downloaded files?

Did you move any .torrent files around? Yes both the .torrent and the downloaded file are now in the new directory.

Did you try using the "Set download location" option on the tasks as preferences changes aren't retroactive to already-loaded torrents? Yes

Location of Download

New downloads - Torrent

Move completed downloads - Torrent\Completed

Location of .torrents

Store .torrents - Torrent\Completed

Move .torrents - Torrent\Completed

Automatically .torrents - Torrent\Completed

Yes both the .torrent and the downloaded file are now in the new directory.

Move the .torrent files back.

No - where do I locate the "Set download location" option? I'm using version 1.8.3 and do not see it in the preferences file.

Because "Set Download Location" Isn't in the preferences. It's off the right-click of the individual torrent task when it's stopped.

Yes both the .torrent and the downloaded file are now in the new directory.

Move the .torrent files back.

No - where do I locate the "Set download location" option? I'm using version 1.8.3 and do not see it in the preferences file.

Because "Set Download Location" Isn't in the preferences. It's off the right-click of the individual torrent task when it's stopped.

Worked OK - this change my status from error to stopped, slected start and it is now rechecking the file.

Is there a way to do the whole directory at once or do I have to do this for each individual file?

Thanks a buch for the help!!!

Archived