NAT trouble

deltasat

Hello world!!

I have installed uTorrent 1.84 in a machine with static IP,

S.O. Win XP Pro 32 bit, ZoneAlarm Pro as firewall and Norton Symantec as antivirus.

I have a Zyxel P-2620 router.

I have created a rule for uTorrent in the router, opening the 50150 port.

Then if I enable the NAT, my network connection fails ("a network cable is unplugged" message), then I gained the network connection, then I lost again and so on and so forth.

If I disable the NAT, everything is Ok, but uTorrent stays with the yellow triangle.

Any hints/ suggestions?

Thanks a lot

deltasat

O_o

Sounds like the router is crashing... What does µTorrent's Speed Guide show your current settings to be? Do you have DHT enabled? In fact, can you take a look through the first link in my signature regarding interrupted connections to see if anything there helps? If not, please provide the information requested at the bottom of the thread.

Thanks a lot for advises.

I did a different test.

I shutdown any other programs accessing internet, I started NetMeter to check my download speed, I granted uTorrent as maximum bandwidth my full bandwidth, then I downloded an iso file ffrom an ubuntu distribution (+/- 450Mbytes).

Then I saw the downloading arriving to the maximum I have, while the yellow triangle was still there.

I can still accept any further advises, but for the time being it seems that utorrent is able to download even if the port are not forwarded :/

thanks

deltasat

> And given the history we've seen, I would recommend uninstalling zonealarm.

Thanks for advise.

If I am allow, which firewall do you suggest to use together with utorrent?

Applications running in my PC are "standard":

Firefox as browser, MSOffice, utorrent, Symantec antivirus (but I am thinking to move to another AV)

thx

deltasat

Archived