numbering Column

drpiety

And an extra static column seems kinda wasteful and pointless to me.

I fully agree with you chaos. The first thing i would do if this column was created is disbale it, and I am sure there are many other users who feel the same. There is no reason for implementing a new feature that will simply be disbaled or removed by users. Although this feature wouldn't use any additional resources and would only take moments to create, there is no reason because it is an unecessary feature.

An extra column isnt really needed, Sorting chronologically can be done without it

Well, could you possibly please enlighten those of us who can't seem to figure out how to do so then? I've been fiddling around a bit and just can't seem to see how to change how the torrents are sorted on display as you say can be done.

And an extra static column seems kinda wasteful and pointless to me.

I fully agree with you chaos. The first thing i would do if this column was created is disbale it, and I am sure there are many other users who feel the same. There is no reason for implementing a new feature that will simply be disbaled or removed by users. Although this feature wouldn't use any additional resources and would only take moments to create, there is no reason because it is an unecessary feature.

Ehm.. no it's not unnecessary? It's a PERFECT way of telling the computer wich torrent in the queue should start next! I really want a feature like that!

It's a PERFECT way of telling the computer wich torrent in the queue should start next! I really want a feature like that!

I also want a feature "like that." I wish that the feature would provide more information than a static number. I don't know what would be the best way of attaining a similar feature, but i too want it. My only suggestion to the creators is to allow drag and drop on the torrent window, and then base queue priority on the location of the torrent from top to bottom.

My only suggestion to the creators is to allow drag and drop on the torrent window, and then base queue priority on the location of the torrent from top to bottom.

Yeah.. but that's not really water tight... If I then want to sort after ..lets say download speed, and then sort back, how should that work? Then I think it would be better to have both drag and drop, AND a numbering column? Then if you don't want to see that column - hide it! Problem solved, everyone is happy, peace on earth. ;)

That is a good point Urk, and i agree now that they may both need to coexist, but i still do not like the idea of a column that just displays a static number. A possible solution would be to allow the user to drag and drop them into order and then have it assign the numbers based on the user's positioning.

That is a good point Urk, and i agree now that they may both need to coexist, but i still do not like the idea of a column that just displays a static number. A possible solution would be to allow the user to drag and drop them into order and then have it assign the numbers based on the user's positioning.

Well, if you don't like the static number, hide that column? ;)

And yes, both may be needed... And it's not really heavy code so it shouldn't be a problem?

Even after i explained myself AGAIN you're still completely missing the point.

I'll try to do this in a more simple way:

WHAT I DIDNT MEAN: That this feature already exists or knocking off queue management. Thats a feature id like myself and is already on the list for upcoming features.

WHAT I DID MEAN: You dont need AN EXTRA COLUMN WITH A NUMBER IN ORDER TO PROCESS THE QUEUE. If you can't count the damn distance from the top when queue management is implemented, Go learn basic calculus.

Even after i explained myself AGAIN you're still completely missing the point.

I'll try to do this in a more simple way:

WHAT I DIDNT MEAN: That this feature already exists or knocking off queue management. Thats a feature id like myself and is already on the list for upcoming features.

WHAT I DID MEAN: You dont need AN EXTRA COLUMN WITH A NUMBER IN ORDER TO PROCESS THE QUEUE. If you can't count the damn distance from the top when queue management is implemented, Go learn basic calculus.

Ehm.. first of all, take it easy! :shock:

Second, please explain your idea of a queue management then... How will I be alble to sort my torrents by, for example, number of Seeds, and at the same time see wich torrent is next in queue?

Im not pissed or anything, its just funny that you read my posts yet ask the exact opposite not once but twice. ;)

I suppose that column would ONLY help in that case. I'd prefer a small dialog though, that has a list with the torrents in them, and you would move them updown in the list to define which one comes first.

I'd prefer a small dialog though, that has a list with the torrents in them, and you would move them updown in the list to define which one comes first.

I agree will chaos fully on this topic, and also prefer a small torrent window. Luckily many of our queue issues will be solved in the next release.

who the hell said the number-column should be static ? if you would resort the torrents by remaining time or alphabetically you would still see which torrent you added last as the numbering would stay with the according torrent as added. SO Chaos noone said that he cant count down a list so no need to offend and I misunderstood you too.

There is no reason for implementing a new feature that will simply be disbaled or removed by users.

oh i am sure many people love those columns that i disabled

who the hell said the number-column should be static ? if you would resort the torrents by remaining time or alphabetically you would still see which torrent you added last as the numbering would stay with the according torrent as added.

I don't think you understand the term "static," beacuse you essentailly defined it with this post, as you attempted to defame it. If you were to resort the list and the number stays the same for the torrent it has been assigned to that means that the number is static. The order of the column would change, but the numbers would be static. Download rates are dynamic, # columns are not.

Yes, thats off topic. Psycho elsewhere.

Whatever System is built into utorrent that makes a chronological recognition of torrents possible is welcome. A counter, a timer, a column, a direct visual index of any kind or whatever, just show me what was added in what order and i am completely happy. That was the purpose of posting this topic in first place.

Archived