Problem with 1.8.3

DaKraut

Hi, everyone,

I'm writing about a problem with 1.8.3 which was the last version I got a reminder about when opening µtorrent (I've sincedownloaded 1.8.4 build 16688 in the hope this fixes the problem).

Since using 1.8.3, my internet connection was cut automatically every few hours. This did not happen with my previous version (sorry, since I used it for so long, I can't quite remember which version it was, but I think it was a 1.7. version).

Has anybody else encountered this problem? Was my severing of the internet connection actually caused by the new version (1.8.3)?

Any feedback would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks.

I looked at that page and have basically dealt with all of them. Sorry for not mentioning it. However, I'm somewhat underwhelmed that I - a computer nerd who, fortunately, has the help of a computer expert in some way - am asking a question of whether or not a µtorrent version might lead to the severing of my internet connection. I didn't ask for any kind of definite solution kit or anything. And all I get is the above. A LITTLE more info wouldn't have hurt. That's not good, sorry to say.

Okay, I'll go through all those setting and will try what I haven't tried yet - which is not much from a first glance. However, since downloading 1.8.4 build 16688, everything seems to be stable. It's been running for half a day now, and there don't seem to be any problems.

On my other computer, however, I have a bit of an issue running that version of µtorrent. I mean, it runs okay, and the port checker AND www.canyouseeme.org give me a green connection on the port I opened, but the symbol at the bottom gives me the red exclamation mark indicating I have no incoming connections so that people can't connect to me - but they can. Slightly baffling for - as I said - a computer nerd like me. I don't know if it'd change dramatically if I got the green "ok" arrow.

Archived