Auto Queue Torrents with No Peers

kulprit

I have searched for a thread on this topic and have failed to find anything so far.

I am looking to have utorrent have an option to queue torrents from seeding to pause when their are no peers. Then on the next tracker scrape, if it finds that the torrent has a peer, for the torrent to restart and allow seeding to the peer.

Thanks to any replies.

kulprit

• 2 weeks later...

indeed, if the torrent already has a peer it will well... seed, if it doesnt have any peer it will wait until it connects to one, so basically it would be stopping/pausing it, perhaps u were requesting a autostop when it has no activity so it can begin seeding the next one, but i believe utorrent does this already when it doesnt feel activity on more than 1kB/s basis

• 4 months later...
That's because those people are stupid.

That's why queueing them it's better than leaving them open. To avoid stupidity. ;)

I have a lot of torrents in µTorrent and most of them are with 0 leecher, but sometimes a leecher is connecting to a torrent and I have to start it manually, because I don't want to leave 40+ torrents opened for nothing. I think it would be useful to have those "no peers" torrents queued so they will start automatically when there is a leecher.

They would still have to rapport to the tracker in order to check if there is a leecher, which in turn would leave you with 100 torrents that keeps rapporting to the tracker in order to find out if there is any leechers...

The torrent site should have an overview over the torrents, so you can check it without rapporting to the tracker. And possibly a place where you can request uploaders if it's a private tracker

for whatever reason many trackers have a limited number of 'slots' they'll support

i'm not saying create per-tracker settings (although that would be nice, it's been requested plenty of times before)

what i am saying is set a generic 'max active torrents per tracker' that would apply to all trackers

and it sure would be nice if µTorrent could manage which torrents should be active semi-intelligently

if downloading and no peer with new data is available, stick it back in the queue and try another one

if seeding and no one is downloading, stick it back in the queue and try another

this simple behavior would save so much wasted time and effort micromanaging torrents

apparently (although i haven't tried it) Azureus already supports this and it works well, so it certainly can be done

Archived