Windows 7 Upgrade (I checked all other posts)

rossoneri711

Hello guys,

i am really having problems using utorrent under windows 7. everything was working perfectly under windows vista.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate final.

My problem is that i am getting very slow speeds, where as in vista i got full speeds

My line is 5mbit/512k.

Below are my settings:

Maximum Upload Rate: 40

Maximum Download Rate: 0

Global Number of Connections: 230

Maximum number of connected peers: 80

Number of Upload Slots pers torrent: 4

Maximum Number of active torrents: 5

Maximum Number of active downloads 2

I have unchecked the last two items under Disk Cache

I have set the compatibility to Windows Vista and also 'Run as administrator'

I have disabled UPnp port Mapping as well as NAT-PMP port mapping.

I have protocol encryption set to Enabled and allow incoming legacy connections checked

The port is forwarded correctly in the router, and the rules are passed thrugh windows firewall

i really dont know what else to do, any help is much appreciated

To disable uTP,

Set Preferences > Advanced > bt.transp_disposition to 5.

To reenable uTP:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=63389

Teredo/IPv6 may not be enabled.

You should see a message in Logger when you first start uTorrent telling if it's enabled.

See also this post thread for more details on Teredo:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=49317

More on Teredo:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=352595#p352595

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=345648#p345648

Another way to disable Teredo/IPv6 (assuming XP):

network connections -> connection properties -> 'Microsoft TCP/IP version 6' -> uninstall

Then it can be installed the same way or via the uTorrent 'Install teredo' button.

i tried disabling the uTP, to 5, as you mentioned but still no luck.

i cant seem to find the Teredo/IPv6 in Windows 7 to uninstall it, its enabled in utorrent.

some more info,

i am using nod32 v4.0 and i have made the change under active mode for utorrent.

i am using a Linksys wrt54GL router with firmware DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) std.

i dont really know what else to do? its really that everything was working fine in vista and not here.

I'm on Windows 7, latest uTorrent and NOD32 too..

After I've disabled IPv6.. the speed seems to be climbing up.. not as high as when I was on Vista though..

To disable IPv6 on Windows 7, go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings (on the left pane) > Right-click on Local Area Connection > uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

That should disable the IPv6.. but in the uTorrent logger, it show:

[2009-11-05 23:01:45] IPv6 is installed

[2009-11-05 23:01:45] Got Teredo Address: 2001:0:cf2e:3096:3876:3ceb:8c79:1abc

Is this normal?

Well, at least now I get a green tick at the status bar.. for the last few days after I've installed Windows 7, it always gave me a red sign..

Uploading at 40 KB/sec, split between 5 torrents, and split again 4 ways per torrent. That means each peer you're uploading to sees only about 2 KB/sec on average. This is assuming you've got 5 torrents active at once and each of them have at least 4 peers.

But in the bigger picture, your 40 KB/sec has to cycle through available peers to be fair to everyone. And with up to 230 total connections at once...that can be a long delay for most of them to see ANYTHING from you. Even if you only have 1 busy torrent active and reach 50 peers on that torrent, then you are uploading to 4 of them and the other 46 are waiting for their turn. They become increasingly unlikely to upload anything to you the longer their wait becomes.

Maximum Upload Rate: 47

Global Number of Connections: 100

Maximum number of connected peers: 40

Maximum Number of active torrents: 4

Maximum Number of active downloads 3 (or 4 if you want to download a lot at once)

Disable DHT, Local Peer Discovery, and Resolve IPs (right-click in PEERS window of a torrent)

Lower bt.connect_speed from attempting 20 new outgoing peer/seed connections per second to only 4.

@rossoneri

I'm also on Windows 7 Ultimate and havent had any issue including last utorrent release.

I'm getting 740/48 right now and I have a 20mb connection - but then it is stupid copper lines so what do i expect.

However that being said speeds during the daytime (peak) do max down at about 1.2/300 which are some unusual numbers I know.

But if I can shed any light on your situation i will, I'll check back here tomorrow evening, i have to also say I had very very low speeds after upgrading to Win 7 but I wiped that for a full install and again i'll agree with what you said previously - vista good speeds after tweaking etc but after the upgrade - it went squidge and now - all fine.

My settings:

Maximum Upload Rate: 47

Global Number of Connections: 100

Maximum number of connected peers: 40

Maximum Number of active torrents: 6 ( i pushed this up as my browsing speed didn't suffer)

Maximum Number of active downloads 5 (again pushed up)

Enable DHT Network

Enable DHT for new torrents

Disable local peer discovery

allow incoming legacy connections

I can also confirm the above poster regarding the Teredo bug in Win 7 - it doesnt show as disabled in the uTorrent logger even after a system reboot, so left it enabled as uTorrent shows it that way regardless of what you do.

Any help I can give i will..

I suggested 4 max active torrents for the sake of others. As you start more torrents, you're uploading slower on existing torrents. While you may get better download speeds, other people will have lower download speeds because of it.

Average upload speed of 3-5 KB/sec seems to work best while downloading. Yours is less than 2 KB/sec. Other peers will probably be uploading faster than you to each other and so they are more likely to upload to each other than to you. And if they are uploading to you, they will upload slower because of it.

Archived