uTorrent 1.8.5 won't install

MarcLister

I've just downloaded the latest version of uTorrent and the installation goes OK until I actually have to press the Install button. Nothing happens apart from the desktop appearing to refresh. Any idea what is going on? I'm using W7x64. I've tried running uTorrent normally and as an administrator to no effect.

Edit: Looks like installing uTorrent from the same directory that I wanted it installed to was the problem. I fixed this by running the installer from another directory. :)

That's half my problem here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=63783

Again, I don't know what it is that is making uTorrent keep re-intalling, but when I click OK, nothing happens, the desktop appears to refresh, but nothing changes. I need to uninstall and then reinstall. I too am using W7x64. Can you kindly tell me what you did not install, I'm not sure what you mean that you ran installer from another directory? thanks.

What I was doing was to place the uTorrent installer in the uTorrent folder in my Program Files (x86) folder. This didn't work because I think uTorrent was trying to install itself to the same filename as the installer!

So I ran the installer from another folder/drive and installed from there to the uTorrent folder. It then worked. :)

Archived