Port problems

MPMadness

I've been running utorrent for over a year now but over the last week i have been having problems with port settings. I haven't change my firewall setting or the port setting but utorrent has the red ! at the bottom and says that

" Not connectable

A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open a port so others can connect to you."

I can "sometimes" still download very slowly on downloads i know should be fast. I have try bypassing the router but i get the same results

When i run the utorrent port checker i get this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is open.

Checking port 55641 on 82.45.243.122...

An error has occurred!

Port 55641 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information if you need to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian 2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.52.46) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IP address 82.45.243.122 is not the IP address my computer has. I have tested my real IP address on another site and it still says my port is closed

The only thing i have changed is turn on UPnP for xbox live but it doesn't change when i turn it off

Please help!

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I have been having the same problem as you do: port opens and closes intermittently. I the whole day searching the web and trying different recommendations. I happened to stumble on something which worked for me!!!

1.) start utorrent and STOP ALL downloads and uploads.

2.) forward the port on your router = through default gateway (192.168.1.1)

- you can go to portforward.com for more info

3.) set the port in utorrent-options->preference->connections

4.) Viola, your port should stay open..

I still get intermittent error on the utorrent port checker... However, canyouseeme.org, and pfportchecker confirms open!

Hope this helps!

Archived