Is there a way to add more leechers to torrents that I'm uploading?

thugginit2003

No software but a clever brain might help best. :D

DreadWingKnight is right technically speaking but the thing is that like in real life, you have to advertise what you are offering. This is the key to an almost unmortal torrent you'll just have to seed once up to 100% (let's say about 120% upload by means of initial seeding) before to observe it live forever. :)

Now how to do this? Your best bet is to read somewhat in the net about it, there are plenty of tutorials in public forums. There are many ways. I'd advise you to select a couple of good torrent indexing sites and to upload a GOOD information about your torrent content and especially pay attention to an "intelligent" format of your stuff. Example: If you upload a MyCD.zip containing .wav files instead of a set of loose .flac files along with .cue and .log files your contribution will be rather bad. In other words (if you don't know what I am speaking about) just read about it and propose a format which makes sense according to what you want to share. Say if it's a DVD an .iso could be a choice but much better would be a native DVD format with .IFO and .VOB files. Above all advertise with a full description about the content ant it's origin, quality, format etc.

Last but not least enable PEX and DHT and include at least 2-3 good public trackers. Otherwise the risk that you torrent will die just because of a tracker problem will be very high.

Also pay attention to the right piece size. I'd advise you to use 512KB pieces or even less if your torrent is only a few 100MB. Do not follow the automatic proposition from uT though this will not be a great problem. The idea behind a manual setting is just to make the distribution smoother in many cases, the only downside being a bigger .torrent file but who cares...

I hope these few points will help you greatly increase your swarm size and life span.

Archived