Direct right-clicking on torrents

Franklint

Hey guys,

As has no doubt been said countless times, thank you for all the work you've done to bring uTorrent (I really can't be bothered finding the appropriate Greek symbol) to Mac. I'm one of the Transmission converts and uTorrent is the best client available.

One thing that has been annoying me for a long time now is the fact that, to right-click on a torrent or file, one needs to first left-click it in order to highlight the appropriate entry.

It would be fantastic if one could simply right-click the file/torrent they want to act upon. Even if another file is highlighted, a right-click on a different one should instead highlight the different one, and bring up the context menu.

It is possible that this is a setting that I have missed. If so, I apologise and retract my feature request.

Also, on an unrelated topic, is there any reason why I can connect to many more seeds with the Windows version than with the Mac version? As an example, I downloaded a file that was not particularly popular, meaning only the original uploader was seeding. I left it on for a few days on the Mac, without any progress being made. After I rebooted into Windows, it worked like a charm and was downloaded in 15 minutes. Is this just to do with my port forwards etc. being inadvertently set differently in each OS?

Cheers,

Franklint

• 1 month later...

I am a long time Transmission user who recently switched to uTorrent on the recommendation of my tracker site. I'm finding it hard, since there's no built in help or downloadable manual. Searching the forums is very time consuming, especially to get Mac answers. I've been at it literally for over an hr!. I have not found the help I need but rather than create a new post and risk ending up in the trash, I hope adding here will get me help. I can not set location of a torrent.

Right clicking a torrent opens a contextual window but there is no "Advanced" or "set location" choice. What am I missing? I have files on my internal HD, an attached external HD and a network HD. How can I get the ability to point to the location of an individual torrent?

I am using

uTorrent: 0.9.3

OS X: 10.6.2

Also, a feature request. for agroup or folder on the left (with Downloading, Completed, Active etc) for "Seeding".

I'm trying to increase my seeding ratio and it would be helpful to see at a glance how many are active, same as I can with downloading.

Thanks for your help.

Right clicking a torrent opens a contextual window but there is no "Advanced" or "set location" choice. What am I missing? I have files on my internal HD, an attached external HD and a network HD. How can I get the ability to point to the location of an individual torrent?

Not implemented in the code yet, and it's previously requested.

Archived