are the upload & download rates linked?

chrismetalrock

If you limit your upload even more, does your download decrease? And if you loosen the limit, does the download increase? And if so, consistently? If you answer no to any of these, then the download limit isn't linked to the upload (it isn't ;P).

Have you tried using the Speed Guide (Ctrl+G)? And you should still test the OpenOffice.org torrent just to make sure it's not a configuration problem...

look

im not a noob, im not discrediting you, but when i have a LOT of other programs open, and i have the BW limited to 10kbps .. ya i do that a lot so what .... im downloading FAST.. i can have 20 bittornado torrents open & have my upload capped around 70kbps.. and be downloading around 1000kbps. with utorrent its ALWAYS, no mater what no time of day with different # of torrents open, its always 260kbps, that seems to me like its connected to hwo much i upload.

Did I say you were a newbie? Have I been treating you like one? You're asking for help. I'm giving suggestions. If you don't want to follow them, then why are you asking for help in the first place? A torrent client can only go as fast as your configuration allows it to. I'm not sure why it's so hard to follow my simple directions above.

@rafi: I already suggested that he try the torrent, but apparently, he doesn't want to.

Archived