File list not shown anymore

tol

I updated to the latest stable version and the file list is not shown anymore - when I click .torrent file it starts download immediately and the state of "show a window that displays files inside he torrent" checkbox doesn't matter anymore - checked or unchecked, the window with file list is not shown. It's the same with the latest beta version. I don't know, maybe it's because I switched to Win7 (because in XP it showed file list before starting download).

Thanks. I found the first one but the second one is certainly not in it's logical place, maybe it's worth moving it to the location where the first is, or use only one checkbox, otherwise it's rather confusing.

Now that both are checked the file list is back again!

That UI pref is not in 1.8.5 - It is a brand new selection, and as I stated in the other post that was linked to here, I do not see why ANYONE whould want to NOT have access to every indiviual file in a torrent?

Sometimes I do nto need the whole 150 Gigabytes of the torrent, maybe I need only an 8 Gigabyte Section of it!

I dont see why that choice was put in cos I would never choose to NOT see all the files in a torrent! Also, sometimes you can catch viruses by this same method- And I've done THAT too!

@tol: The option is where it belongs. It's used by people who set a default download directory and don't want to have to confirm with µTorrent every time they add a torrent manually. The option is completely irrelevant for all other users.

@XweAponX: Wrong on so many counts.

Just because you don't see a need for the option doesn't mean there is no need for it. If we go by your logic, there would be no need for a UI, period. There are users who are perfectly comfortable with editing settings.dat manually and all. That's an over-the-top analogy of course, but the point is that we don't just add options for no reason. As explained to tol, the option is used by users who set the default download directory with the intention to not have µTorrent bother them about download locations every time they add a torrent. Just because you dislike that mode of operation doesn't mean everyone else should be subjected to being asked every time.

That virus angle? A complete red herring.

1. You can still skip files in the Files tab.

2. You don't catch viruses just by downloading them.

3. If your antivirus didn't catch it after you downloaded it, then you have bigger problems to worry about.

4. How do you even know which files are viruses and which aren't, and what does the selection list have to do with that?

And yeah, the option has been there since forever.

Archived