Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation

expert_vision

I wonder if there is any way uTorrent could dynamically change bandwidth limitation based on request. Like, if I start to browse ,the bandwidth slightly drops for uTorrent so I can navigate. As soon as I finished loading pages bandwidth comes right up. I now I can set a fixed bandwidth limitation, but I wonder if something more efficient is possible.

Thx

uTP is an alternative communication method for BitTorrent traffic that allows the client to automatically regulate its bandwidth usage to avoid adversely impacting your internet connection. This will allow you or other users on the network to download their torrents but still allow others on the network to function with little difference.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=65482

Even with uTP, you should still give uTorrent an upload speed limit max below the max speed of the line. uTorrent makes some estimations based on max upload speed (max active upload slots) that you set which uTP cannot compensate for.

So if your fastest ever upload speed is 55 KB/sec, set uTorrent's upload speed limit to 50-55 KB/sec.

Archived