the torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents

lawrencekarthauser

I get this error message when I try and add a new torrent. It is not in the list and i have removed it where it did appear using regedit. i am not trying to do anything wrong or cheat (g) i just want to download the torrent. it does not tell me which one it thinks is the duplicate and i do not want to delete all torrents cos i want to seed them and it is a pain to add them again.

any ideas

i know that it has been posted before but that was a long time ago and there did not seem to be an answer then

lawrence

Yes of course, I looked through "all". I pressed F7 just like you said and looked at every single file 10 times in the list.

Another time, I found a file this way: a file sharing program I used once before downloaded with a different name than I expected, and I found it based on the size of the file.

The file I am looking for is 3.76 GB and there is not one file on Utorrent that matches that description but every time I try to re-download it gives me the error mesg in the heading here.

Well, I'll never know because my upload was disapproved since it wasn't seeding and has since been removed from the site! Thanks though.

PS - I'm not 100% positive, but I don't know how it would have highlighted the "offending" torrent since the error box took up 1/3 of the screen; or perhaps I didn't notice it. I will look next time.

Archived