Beta 427 - Torrent deletion and relocation bug still present

dudeboyz

When testing by creating a unique folder so that torrents will auto-load, I find that those torrents STILL do not auto-relocate as specified, and when you choose REMOVE AND and choose TORRENT or TORRENT + DATA, the torrents are STILL not actually deleted.

Is it because a .loaded extension is added to the torrent and the program only looks for the .torrent extension?

Bug has existed for multiple versions. Hope it gets fixed.

Thank you. :)

Auto-loaded torrents are copied to the .torrent storage folder, then renamed to .loaded (or deleted if you turn on "Delete torrent instead of renaming, when loading"). The only torrent that gets deleted is the one in %AppData%\uTorrent (or whatever your .torrent storage folder is), and this is by design

If I store the torrents in the same data folder as the temp download area and load them manually, instead of using the separate auto-load folder, the torrent files behave normally, meaning when a download is completed, both the torrent and the data file are moved to the FINISHED folder I specify, and when I right click and choose to delete the TORRENT or TORRENT + DATA, the files are all properly deleted.

Shouldn't it work the same for auto-loads? Less confusing, more consistent, and much easier when handling multiple files, at least for me.

It works great without the auto-load, I just wanted to use the feature as a convenience, I guess.

Thanks

Hrm. I tend to like to keep the .torrent files in tact until I can fully test the download to make sure it worked 100%.

If I set it as you suggest, is there a way for me to get to that torrent in the event something goes wrong, or would I need to download that torrent again from scratch?

Thanks.

Archived