Er... not logged off?

Ultima

It didn't before, which is why I'm finding it odd =T

Edit: It seems the code that part of the forum must've been touched, since I checked my online status in my posts (at the side) after I logged off, and it showed Offline. Oh well, whatever, no biggie =P

Edit 2: Yeah... my name disappeared after a bit. Okay, ignore, ignore.

Hi, I'm the guy who made some modifications to this forum, all of them being related to performance. If you saw your name in the "Online" list in the index after you had logged out that's because this list isn't as dynamic as it used to be. In fact, it is only updated every minute-or-so. It's part of a grand plan to save some precious database resources :) The pro-side is the forum should run faster now.

While you're logged out, you may also see some minor discrepancies such as new posts or new topics not showing up immediately (as for the Online thing, they may take a minute to show up in topics/forums) or the "Online"/"Offline" indicators missing from posts. On the other hand, generating and displaying pages is much faster when you're logged out because most of the pages from index/viewforum/viewtopic are cached for a given period of time (typically a bit more than a minute). All-in-all, it's a fair tradeoff ;)

Feel free to post here if you encounter a problem or glitch that isn't listed above, thanks.

Archived