Speed goes to 0 in an almost parabolic curve

jcgillikin

Every few minutes my speed will decrease at a constant rate and form a cure that looks the same each time it happens. When this happens web pages will not load either. It usually happens when i have dl rates above 200kb/s Could it be that my ISP is throttling my bandwidth? Some one i know told me it could be something with my router. I have a WRT160N V3

sZv3bQ1o.jpeg

In this image it didnt quite go to 0 but usually it does for about 30 seconds and it slowly rebounds back to the original dl speed.

Yeah your probably right. it usually lingers at zero for like half a minute until it goes back up but this torrent I was downloading at the time had a lot more seeds than peers. this current torrent im dl now has a lot more peers so its hovering around 100kb/s and not dipping to 0. but im sure the problem wasn't just that torrent, this has been happening for like 2 months and just never did anything about cus i thought it was the ISP. once i hit a certain speed it will go down to zero. any settings i should try to change? my ports are all forwarded correctly but is there any compatibility issues with my type of router?

EDIT:

changed to a faster torrent in my list and waited for it to happen again. it got up to 450 kb/s before it dived. this is how it usually looks like

jbCLyLzF.jpeg

i already had all my setting set up from that link. i did just do the ctrl g thing. gave me a lot higher connections and upload speed than i had before. it is now doing the dip down to 0 every minute almost. im going to redo my setting from ur link and post them

EDIT:

had to restart computer. These are the current setting im running after using the info from ur 2nd link

Y5pKjRG0.jpeg

download speeds right after settings change

1MkNDqIf.jpeg

still seems to be doing it, waited a few minutes to see if it would level out and it went to 200kbs and did it again

Archived