How exactly does the proxy feature vs. ipfilter work?

l2k

I'm trying to finish some torrents off, but the seeders have added my IP to their ipfilter, so I need to use a proxy. By the way there is no tracker involved here.

When I try connecting to these seeders directly without proxy set up, it won't go.

When I set proxy with the last box checked "peer communication through proxy", I can establish connection and start leeching.

When I turn off the proxy, it keeps going like nothing changed. Is it still using the proxy? Was it not transferring data through the proxy at all? Or does ipfiltering not check for such a thing when requests start coming from a different IP?

Any explanations or informations to help me will be much appreciated. :)

I guess I read it wrong, when I connect to them then I guess the data is all going through the proxy (?). But it still raises the question why, when I turn off or change the proxy, there is no stopping or change in the data transfer speed.

Well the people running this (tiny) tracker hate me and I stole their torrent files & IPs and they told all their members to ban my (static) IP in client. I can only assume they gave instructions how to use ipfilter. Some people clearly didn't do it as I could connect to them normally. Others when I add their IP, nothing ever happens. But when I set a sock5 proxy magically they will start connecting and seeding for me.

There could be another explanation, I don't know all the details, I just found it peculiar.

Archived