Few questions

FinnishSaint

Hi there,

I'm a new user and have some questions about uTorerrent...

1. Do you know some great, safe and large scale Torrent sites besides Isohunt and H33t, which I use? I'd like to know some more to expand my range about torrents. So please share your favourites :))

(Famous users with great-quality torrents too like aXXo)

2. I'd like no to receive lawsuits from the goverment so can you recommend me some great sets of privacy programs for uTorrent? I'm planning to take out Peer Block and itshidden.com VPN-tunnel.

uTorrent history erasers would also be appreciated...

How can you hide a external hard drive which is connected to my homes network(trought a hub) for being accessed by others? Cause I'm adding it to the network and don't want to unplug DSL(the gateway to internet) every time I open up the hard drive. So the external hard drive should be availably only to computers at my home, no one else.

Hello again,

Today I'll come up with some troubleshooting if you could answer me in this subforum...

1. My desktop PC and laptop both have uTorrent. Laptop is way better downloader than the PC, even if laptop is pretty old and crappy and slows a lot and sometimes freezes while using. It easily reaches like 1Mt/s speeds with one torrent and 150 seeds. Then the PC... It gets only 200-500kt/s with 2-4 torrents and a lot of seeds.

PC has PC Tools Firewall+ with exceptions added(Windows firewall disabled), Malwarebytes and Avira Antivir.

The laptop has the same set, but Windows Firewall instead of PC Tools'.

2. Why does my PC's uTorrent take all available CPU(30%-100%)? Some information above. Ask for more if needed.

3. Is it possible to bypass your router without configuring it(port forwarding etc.)?

PC Tools is known to cause some issues with µT. (make a search through the boards, you'll see)

So you should try to uninstall it (enable Win Firewall temporarily) and see if the speed rate is better.

About your router, you can use UPnP with a different port fo both computers to forward a port is your router supports UPnP.

And more in the row...

1) Can you add a torrent without searching the net if you have the hash link for the torrent?

2) Is it enough if I just disable PC Tools Firewall and not install it? And if I have to uninstall it, do you know an other free, light and good firewall program?

3) Can you post a link where I can found information about Iv6P, what is it?

I have checked my connection, ISP(Elisa OYJ) isn't throttling my P2P activity.

In Finland they prosecute around 86 individuals every year(I think). So what would you recommend for "light" protection. It could be a WORKING IP Blocker(no PeerGuardian or Peer Block, they block up to 700 000 000 IPs, I just want to block the goverment) or other solutions, that wouldn't reduce my dw speed very much(I'm ready to sacriface some)...

And I got my laptop working, Malwarebytes IP Block seemed to freeze it on slower systems :)

Archived