uTorrent suddenly stopped working - macbook pro

lenstar

I've been using uTorrent for nearly a year now and suddenly it crashes when i try to open it. I've tried reinstalling it but to no avail. When I hit the icon it looks like it's going to open, particularly in the top very left of the screen where uTorrent appears. After 10 seconds or so a mesage appears saying "The application uTorrent quit unexpectedly", "Mac OS X and other applications are not affected", "Click Relaunch to launch....".

I can't get into the preferences. I don't know if it's a port issue, corruption in the O/S or something else. Something doesn't add up. Any ideas????

I'm not to familiar with macs so if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello there, my client stopped working yesterday with the same error message as you, lenstar. "click to relaunch" etc and then "reset and relaunch". So I tried what you were recommended. Didn't work for me. In fact, the icon on my dock is gone... it's been replaced by the generic application icon and still says the same message. I really need help with this... :(

I wonder what the generic application is. I has Vuse as well as utorrent but never ever used Vuse. In fact, I deleted it yesterday.

I do not know what to say except follow the instruction I was given and try ans reinstall utorrent. Once reinstalled go to the applications folder and drag the utorrent icon onto the dock. It worked fine for me so hopefully it's the same for youself.

Hope it works out

Archived